TTC and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I NEED TO WEAN THIS CHILD!!

3 posters

Go down

I NEED TO WEAN THIS CHILD!! Empty I NEED TO WEAN THIS CHILD!!

Post by Gina Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:27 pm

Ive been BFing for over 2 years now,and Ive loved it.Im SO incredibly greatful that I was able to do it for so long without any problems what so ever..but Im ready to be done Sad

I want to lose weight and get my toddler into the habbit of sleeping in her bed and without nursing for most of the night...I want to be able to get her to sleep without the boob ..
It just feels anoying to be doing it now kwim? I want my body back.

How do you wean a toddler thats SUPER hooked on the boob? She refuses to take a paci,she doesnt even know what to do with one (or a bottle) so Im stuck.Ive tried refusing,but she cries and is so upset that I feel awful and just give in :/
Any suggestions?

Gina

Back to top Go down

I NEED TO WEAN THIS CHILD!! Empty Re: I NEED TO WEAN THIS CHILD!!

Post by boberrymom Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:29 pm

My boy is hooked too but we had to slowly wean during the day and he only nurses now to sleep or for nap, that's it. You can have your body back even breastfeeding...i'm proof! You just have to dedicate the time to YOU. The worst possible thing you can do is give in because if you prolong the crying it gets worse and even harder and longer...why? Because she knows that eventually you will give in even if that eventually is 2 hours of crying...sebastian doesn't drink out of a bottle at all, he won't drink milk either except momma's milk, but he will eat cheese and yogurt and i asked my doctor he said that's fine he's getting his calcium nothing you can do if he doesn't want to drink it. So instead he drinks out of a cup. My suggestion is keep refusing but be consistent, don't give in even if that means you have to go outside while she cries, its heartbreaking but it will work, i promise.

boberrymom

Back to top Go down

Post by brooke22 Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:48 am

I read somewhere that as a stepping stone to fully weaning her, try giving her breast milk in a cup only. Explain to her that its the only way she is going to get it and then stick to your guns and don't give her the boob at all.
brooke22
brooke22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum